Columbia Heights, Minnesota
The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, located in downtown Minneapolis, wants to help teens learn how to manage money better and become financially independent. It is hosting an event from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Aug. 9.
Students entering junior or senior year in high school and their parents or a caring adult are invited to join the Bank for an Evening with the Fed. Plan your launch to financial independence or build skills to support the young adults in your life on this journey.
The evening’s program includes:
- Economists on the economy – what we know (really) about today’s economy and what pays off in preparing for a successful career
- Student Session: Getting started – pay yourself first and proceed with confidence in making smart financial choices starting right now.
- Adult Session: Staying financially fit– paying for college, revisiting the basics, role modeling financial savvy, and supporting young adults in financial decision making.
- Bank Tours – a general overview of the Federal Reserve, a visit to the cash department and a discussion of Reserve Bank operations.
- Apply for an internship: students who attend have the opportunity to apply for an internship to be a junior economist in the Bank’s prestigious Research Department.
- Resources and Information: have a snack and check out the resources available regarding finance basics, banking, financial aid, scholarships and more.